National choir competition for international judges from Israel, this year (2021) The judges are Naomi Paran, Prof. Moshe Zorman and Kinneret Erez Maor.
The competition is divided into two sections that take place on different days, each section lasts up to two hours and is limited to 8 vehicles.
Each ensemble performs 3 songs in a performance before the judges and a sympathetic audience of singers and conductors.
The total performance time is a minimum of 8 minutes and a maximum of 12 minutes.
The scores are given by choir experts with international recognition of the MUSICA MUNDI assessment method (the 30-point method),
Divided into technical evaluation (intonation, sound quality) and artistic evaluation. The scoring rules are attached below.
For those interested, it is possible to take the assessment on an evaluation scale only, without grades.
Choirs that appear in song A chapel and in a song that is not in Hebrew will receive a bonus in the score.
The summary of the score won by the entire team was sent by email to the winners. Certificates of participation will be given to the entire vehicle.
"Mileage Scale" Rules
Terms of the competition or opinion:
- The right to participate is given to all choirs and choirs registered in MILA.
- A voting composition, consisting of four or more participants, will be allowed to participate in the opinion. Smaller ensembles will not be given the opportunity to participate
In this route.
- The entire ensemble must take care of bringing the musical instruments that accompany it (except the piano).
- Each vehicle for review will be assigned up to 12 minutes, which includes the time of ascent and descent from the stage.
- Each band will be allowed to perform up to three songs.
- On the Mila scale no strings of songs should be performed.
- The use of playback is strictly forbidden! This prohibition applies to any use of sequencers or synthesizers with automatic recordings.
- The live composition of the musical instruments that accompany the composition is unrestricted and without amplification.
- Any violation of any of the rules set forth herein will result in the unequivocal disqualification of the composition.
1. The members of the judging team are professional experts in the field of judging for competitions of choirs and choirs in Israel and abroad.
2. The decisions of the jury are final and cannot be appealed.
If the vehicle exceeds the permitted performance time (12 minutes), 3 points will be deducted from the final score for each additional minute.
4. Each performance is judged according to the following criteria:
In the field of technical execution, the following components will be examined: the level of difficulty in processing, completeness, rhythm and beat, punctuation, steering, vocal balance and intonation.
In the field of artistic interpretation, the following elements will be examined: style, changes in intensity and tempo, musical expressions and the unique sound of the ensemble.
v Reference will also be made to the performance on its various components: ascent and descent from the stage, costumes, contact and interaction with the audience, etc.
v Impression and general appreciation.
Each judge will have to determine the overall score for each of the above four areas.
Each panel will receive a written breakdown of the score it received for its performance and the judges' comments.
Past Mila Scale Competitions:
MUSICA MUNDI ASSESSMENT METHOD: