The code of ethics for conductors and singers
The organization of choirs and choirs Milah unites singers, who sing in choirs and choirs and conductors.
Naturally, the organization undertakes to answer questions and problems (or disagreements) that arise mainly in the musical field.
The professional and in the field of the relationship between the winners and themselves and between the groups and themselves.
The singers are united in the choirs, but each singer is a unit in itself, who on the one hand strives to fulfill his desires
The personal musical and on the other hand is part of a group, which is committed to helping fulfill the group's ambitions.
The conductors, in addition to their role as the group's musical directors, are also involved in the administrative management.
And in the social affairs of the group.
This situation means that in many cases there is confusion between the responsibilities of the various participants In the system
(Conductors, band managers, singers, accompanying musicians). This document defines the responsibilities of each of the human components,
The interaction between them as well as the interaction between the winners and themselves and between the groups and themselves in a way,
That everyone will know and Japanese their place in this complex system for the benefit of all participants.
The document below does not serve as a set of rules and does not supersede signed employment agreements between winners and gangs.
The agreements are legal documents while this document defines basic rules of conduct between singers / conductors / group managers /
Employers on controversial issues. The intent of this document is only to cause even in cases of bruised disputes
You will be able to continue with regular activities.
Milah will appoint a standing committee on ethics to be composed, by the Executive Committee, of three to five members, including at least
One conductor, one band leader and singers' representatives. The committee will also be attended by non-stakeholders (former conductors, composers, arranger,
Public figures not involved in the daily life of the choir activity).
Definitions Musical conductor / director
The conductor / musical director is responsible for the group's repertoire (sometimes in consultation with a musical committee from within the group),
Responsible for bringing the musical materials and managing the rehearsals and performances. The conductor is the supreme authority when it comes to musical matters!
The conductor determines and conducts entrance exams (and sometimes periodic exams) for singers and has the authority to accept or suspend singers from the group,
When it comes to musical and professional reasons. Winners will be able to attach 3-2 Experienced and knowledgeable choir members help him pass the test.
This is especially recommended so that a singer who has been removed from the band, or has not been accepted into it, will not get the impression that it was done because of the whim of the conductor.
Group Manager / Group Committee *
The director / committee of the group deals with the administrative management of the group, taking care of the venue for rehearsals, appropriate physical conditions, refreshments during breaks,
Shuttles to gigs and all the extra administration involved in running the band.
When the group is a private organization of the singers, it also takes care of collecting the participation money as well as paying the salary to the conductor and / or the accompanist.
When the group belongs to a public body (municipality / community center / school, etc.), the group director deals with current affairs as well as dealing with
Bodies that invite the group to performances.
* All vehicles will have the director of the vehicle and / or the composition committee in order for there to be a healthy division of powers between the role of the conductor, the director and the composition committee
Rules of conduct for singers
1. The singers will arrive at the scheduled time for rehearsal and will arrive ready with all the required material (characters, words, writing instruments, means of recording, etc.)
2. And be prepared Start the rehearsal on time.
3. The singers will get along in the place determined for them by the conductor, will respect each other Each other, and will not make any negative comments towards each other
4. And will do their best so that the rehearsal will take place in a good and friendly spirit.
Singers' commitment to the band
A singer will perform the duties assigned to him within the ensemble in the best way and in a good spirit.
1. A singer who is accepted to sing in a particular season in a band will stay until the end of the season and will not leave in the middle.
This is very important, especially since the groups commit months in advance to projects (concerts, choir conferences,
Travel, projects with an orchestra, etc.) and when the conductor takes on a commitment in coordination with the group management,
The commitment is also in the name of the singers And obliges them!
2. The singers are committed to learning the roles of the voices and getting ready for rehearsals
3. A singer who is late for rehearsal and without prior coordination will wait for the break and will not interfere with the normal rehearsal process.
In any case, another singer will wait on the side and will not enter his place until after receiving approval from the conductor
4. A singer who does not meet these conditions will be asked to leave the band
The band's commitment to the singers
1. A singer who is accepted to sing in the ensemble will receive all the required material (recordings, notes, lyrics, etc.) and, if necessary,
Assistance in his first period in the gang.
2. The director of the ensemble will take care of the absorption of the singer in the ensemble.
Rules of conduct between gangs and themselves
1. A group will not offer the singer to move to it from another group in the middle of the season and will not even respond positively to the request of the active singer
In another bunch during the season. If a group turned to a singer to move to it or a singer turned to a new group on his own initiative,
The manager of the new group will inform the manager of the previous group that he intends to add the singer to his group at the beginning of next season.
2. Should a singer want to leave and move to a new bunch in the middle of the season, he will update the winner and manager on his intention and get their consent.
A singer will not be able to move from group to group in the middle of the season without the consent of the previous group.
3. If the conductor and the manager do not agree, the singer will not be able to move to a new group in the middle of the season. He will indeed be able to leave the
The previous bunch but will have to wait for the start of next season.
4. Sometimes, in coordination with his conductor, a singer will be able to move to another group during the season, but will never receive a conductor's approval.
And director of the ensemble in which he sings to carry out the move.
5. Regarding a singer who sang in two different groups: one of the groups had a performance scheduled at the time of the other's rehearsal - the performance is always
Overcome repetition. If the two groups were scheduled to perform at the same time The singer will arrive for a performance by the group whose performance he previously learned about.
In any case, as soon as he receives a notification of an appearance in one of the groups, he will immediately notify the conductor and the director of the other group.
6. Conductors and the ensembles who came to attend the group conference will remain in it until the end and the singers will not leave after their performance.
It should be noted that the singers are a significant part of the audience and here the rule applies: "Do not do to your friend what he hates about you."
7. The groups are obligated to arrive at the Mila events at the time allotted to them in order not to disrupt the balance times and performance times.
8. A group will meet the schedule set for it at Mila events. Whether it is a pre-determined amount of songs,
Or in the limited amount of time per group.
Rules of conduct between winners
1. A winner who has received a job offer will check with the current winner of the group if the group has met all its obligations to him.
2. A winner will not start work or sign a contract with a bunch that has not fulfilled its obligations to the incumbent winner.
3. If the conductor learns that a certain group is looking for a winner, he will be able to contact the group on his own initiative, also a discreet face, but not
Will take practical steps to get the job done, such as signing a contract without getting approval from the outgoing winner.
4. The outgoing winner will not be able to delay or prevent a new winner from joining the team at the beginning of the season unless he has justified claims
Towards the group that did not fulfill its obligations.
5. In the event of disagreement, the injured conductor (whether the previous or new conductor) will request from MILA to convene an agreed committee on
The two winners will include at least one winner and one manager And which will mediate between the parties.
6. A conductor will not speak ill of other conductors and will not utter a bad slander. The winners will treat each other with mutual respect.
7. Keep in mind that competition is free, but the rules of ethics assume that the relationship between the winners will be based on mutual respect.
8. A conductor shall not perform with groups of adaptations of other conductors except with the prior approval of the author of the adaptation, or in the event that the group
She paid the processor for the processing and has rights The execution on this processing. Or if the processing came out in print to the free market.
Rules of conduct between winners and gangs
1. From the moment a winner starts working with the group - the winner and the group are committed to the activity until the end of the season, unless
Defined differently in the terms of the engagement. The commitment is bilateral.
2. A group manager will not contact another winner to check the possibility of replacing the existing winner, but for a replacement next season or soon
To conclude the employment contract of the incumbent conductor.
3. Had a bunch made a deal with a replacement winner for next season, it will notify the previous winner as soon as possible
And in any case no later than three months before the end of the season, in order to allow him to find a replacement bunch.
Ethics Committee - Mil